Friend of the Week: Greg Ammen
1. Also goes by the name Caesar (that's mostly between he and Carly but feel free to call him Caesar the next time you see him).
2. Audio engineer extraordinaire.
3. Former Treasure Island resident.
4. One pretty cool husband and dad to two pretty awesome twin girlies named Olivia + Madison.
How do we know each other?
Palo Alto High School. I was a skater dude and you were one of the 154 Girls, one of which became my wife.
What's a day in the life of Greg Ammen like?
- 6am: Grace and I wake up to whichever discussion that is underway between our 2 year old (!) twin daughters Olivia and Madison (fellow Friends of the Week).
- 7am Commute, or as I like to call it, listen to a podcast and enjoy a coffee.
- 8am-5pm work work work. Right now there's a red carpet at my company (Dolby) because of the Oscars, WOOT!
- 6pm Party time! This used to mean something different, now it means spinning in circles with my amazing daughters.
- 7pm Phew!
- 9pm Me time.
- 9:10pm Bedtime.
Most embarrassing moment?
Well this could be very personal but let's just take an instance from today. This morning I hopped into a Lyft only to find out that the driver was not on the clock, to top it off she was just taking her daughter to school. In my defense my actual ride showed up immediately after this incident.
What's something most people don't know about you?
I can be found on IMDB.
Favorite thing about being a father of twin girls?
Favorite thing about being a father... watching these amazing girls grow. They amaze me everyday.
What is your signature style?
Just being a chill a$$ mofo.
Favorite thing about living in the Bay Area?
Access to all things good. Friends, family, food, beach, and life. I can't imagine living anywhere other than CA. Dre and Pac said it best.
What's your greatest attribute?
Brutal honesty. Oh and sarcasm.
One kind of food and drink for the rest of your life. Go!
I refuse to accept that this would ever be a possibility. But if I have to answer, I'd say pizza and Glenmorangie Lasanta.
Funniest moment with me that you can remember?
Carly, her gigantic purse, her decision to assault me with it and my deft avoidance maneuvers. End of the story is that a friendship was solidified, a lifetime of trauma when seeing a large purse was created, and an alibi named Caesar was born. No explanation needed.
First bucket list item that comes to mind?
Travel to Thailand.
Those who know know. (Note to Editor: look up "Run the Jewels")